Friday, September 5, 2008

McCain Rally in Cedarburg

Today was the first post convention campaign stop for Senator McCain and Governor Palin. They came to Cedarburg, WI. Who would ever think anything this cool would happen in my hometown?! Carl and I dropped Scott off at school and then headed out to Cedarburg. We waited in line for 2 hours but it was well worth the wait. Everyone was kind and did not get upset about the wait or the lack of space to stand in. The speeches lasted 1/2 hour and were great. Seeing them in person and hearing them live made this a memorable day! Here is a picture of the lines which only accounted for the North side of Washington Street.

At 11am they emerged from their bus and were received by thousands. How amazing it was to see them! My first political rally was worth the wait.

Not! That is a photo from one of the news websites. We were so far back I think I saw McCain's forehead and hand. Carl saw his hair! This is the overflow crowd they did not expect. There were hundreds of people still in line to go through security that were turned away when they started talking. We were among the last few let in. We were behind the bleachers for the traveling press. Hey! I traveled from Jackson and I had a camera! What's up with that!

If you look really close you can see Cindy McCain just to the right of the camera man on the right. She was wearing a black dress with a white sweater. What a view!

No really it was a fun time and we were glad to be a part of history. It sure has energized our support and has gotten us more willing to be active supporters for McCain and Palin. Please vote in November!

1 comments:

The Blackburn Family said...

I am totally jealous!!!! Even though you stood behind the bleachers and could hardly see a thing, you are so lucky. I would have loved to go. At least now I can say I know someone who saw the future President of the U.S. :)!