Friday, September 5, 2008

First Week of School

Well, we just finished the first week of school. For the first time I was not looking forward to school starting. Life has really changed since Dad is gone and a quiet house is what I have been dreading. Couple that with the nerves and worries about them starting another year, I am glad to report they (and I) survived the first week! Scott started 5th grade and is excited about his new teacher and seeing his friends again. Kaitlyn began 6th grade in a new school. She has adjusted well and says she is finding her way around quite well.
She is taking the bus for the first time. It requires an early wake up time which she and I hate, and does not get her home until 4:30 pm. She has about 4 friends on the bus with her which helps. Here she is leaving on the first day, Carl walked her part way to the stop. I have never been more nervous for her, but she did well.

0 comments: