Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend Storms and Projects


What a weekend we just had! The storm junkie I am I LOVE severe weather. I have been getting pretty angry with the weather forecasters because they were predicting severe weather for weeks now and nothing ever came. Well, I have been sufficiently satisfied with what rolled through this weekend. Saturday and Sunday we got storm after storm dumping an obscene amount of rain! Saturday afternoon things actually got quite scary and we all ended up in the basement. That one was a bit too much for me, I even rescued some valued original family photo's and took them down with us. All is well and there was no damage around us. I am grateful for that and pray those in Eastern Wisconsin recover soon, they are experiencing a lot of flooding.
This is a photo from off our front porch of an upcoming storm on Sunday evening. It was the one opportunity this weekend where I was able to sit on the porch and watch it up to the point where the rain came poring down.



Saturday we also got to a home improvement project we have been putting off since we moved in. Our Foyer, Kitchen and Dining Room all are covered with an early 90's floral wallpaper that is nauseating to look at. With the fear of getting in over our heads we have just tried to ignore it. Many friends have even offered to help us with the undertaking, but we have always declined.

Well Carl took the bull by the horns and took off the wallpaper in the Foyer about 3 weeks ago while I was out of town. Yea! On the left is what we took off (this is the kitchen). On Saturday we finally painted it and now it is done, or at least one third of it. Baby steps!!!

Overall it was a good weekend, very productive.

1 comments:

The Schaefers said...

You must have just LOVED the hail storm we had a few days ago! Our neighbors were doing their roof, and one of the guys was still on the roof when it came down!! Poor guy. Jordan also LOVES stormy weather. I call him "Jon Malon" from the channel 4 weather station. I personally only like storms when I am sleeping. There is nothing more soothing than rain at the window when I am trying to sleep!