Sunday, February 1, 2009

Birthday Weekend

With Kaitlyn's birthday on the 28th and Carl's on the 31st, we went to a new water park in Gurnee Illinois for a getaway. We loved our room which had bunk beds and was perfectly located steps from the water park entrance, the arcade and restaurants. The building was so brightly decorated you had to be happy.


Being used to the Wisconsin Dells, the water park is a bit small, but that did not stop the kids from wanting to be there many many hours. We took some time to go shopping at Gurnee Mills Mall. It was a nice weekend. We celebrated Carl's birthday on Saturday and had cinnamon rolls for cake. They were quite good.
I love this picture of Kaitlyn

Here we are celebrating Carl's birthday!

I love you man!

The dynamic duo who love the big slides.

Carl won!

The lazy river, a great creation!

I tried for a smile, but it alluded me.

3 comments:

The Schaefers said...

ohhh! I am glad you had a great weekend this time in IL as opposed to the last time you went to IL! ;)
You'll have to tell me more about Key Lime Cove next time we talk!
Kaitlyn has grown so much since we've been friends. I think it would be harder for a mom to watch, though!

Pickett Fences said...

It looks like fun! I wish I was so close to such fun indoor waterparks.

The Schaefers said...

We need an update! Tell us about your jury duty...anything :)